[Zope] Zope for 200 users?

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:41:50 -0400

>  I'm going to setup Zope 2 on a machine with about 200 users (now
>  using Apache). I don't know how many are going to use Zope.

Ah, the concept of 'users' go away on the Web, quite honestly, given it's
grand stateless architecture. *gack*

>  I'd like to use Zope trought Apache. Each user should have his
>  ressources un his home dir (e.g. /~user/zope/).

If you mean all their objects get stored here, then well, you're not going
to like the answer, because at this point Zope doesn't have the ability (at
least not exposed) to combine a bunch of object databases into one tree.

>  Now my Question. Do I have to start a z2.py for each user (Described
>  in http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/jec/virtual_howto_html) or is
>  there a better solution?

If you want to store it that way, yes.  Now if you just want to MAP
/~users/zope/foo to user foo, and such, then that's fine.  Starting a Zope
for each user would be insane :-)

Chris