[Zope] calling product ZClass add method

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:58:05 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Walter <walter@budoe.bu.edu>
To: Kevin Dangoor <kid@kendermedia.com>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Monday, August 23, 1999 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] calling product ZClass add method

>Thanks, this is definitely closer.  In the product directory photoCD I
>have ZClasses multiRes and photoCD.  I'm in an instance of a photoCD
>class(which inherits from Folder) somewhere in my site and I am trying
>to add an instance of a multiRes. So I added this to my method in
>photoCD.

Hmm... if "multiRes" objects can only appear within "photoCD" objects, it
would probably be good to recreate the multiRes ZClass within the photoCD
ZClass. This is good for two reasons: 1) multiRes will only show up as an
option within photoCDs, 2) calling multiRes_add is really straightforward.

><dtml-with "manage_addProduct['photoCD']">
><dtml-call "multiRes_add(_.None, _, NoRedir=1)">
></dtml-with>
>
>since I want something in the photoCD product directory and what I
>want is a multiRes ZClass right?  So If I do this I get the following
>odd error message:
>
>Error Type: AttributeError
>Error Value: _u
>
>Here is part of the traceback:
>  File
/usr/local/Zope-2.0.0b3-linux2-x86/lib/python/App/FactoryDispatcher.py, line
126, in DestinationURL
>AttributeError: (see above)

Hmm... it's talking about "DestinationURL". It shouldn't be hitting
DestinationURL, because of the NoRedir flag. Did you modify the multiRes_add
method (as mentioned in the first part of the howto)?

Kevin