[Zope] Non-query SQL with Zope (naive question)

Jeffrey Shell Jeffrey@digicool.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:46:48 -0400

> It would appear that I was too quick to think I failed.  When you test
the
> output screen states the "This is not a query".  After getting errors
earlier
> due to malformed SQL, I assumed this was an error too.  I was
expecting
> something along the lines of what the command line would give, like
> "Inserted 1", indicating that I was successful.  Live and learn.

The results returned (on the test screen) on non-selects vary from
database to database.  The Sybase DA returns a full suite of interesting
results, other DA's return nothing (and Zope at that point says "This
was not a query").