[Zope] Zope / ECommerce

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:08:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, [iso-8859-1] Jörg Herbst wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for people with experience with zope and ECommerce, has
> anybody yet tried developing a Webshop System with Zope? I guess, I'll
> try to improve the EMarket tool, is anybody using it yet and has
> interess in further development ?

There has been some talk about several people working together on some
kind of Open Source ecommerce system.

Some vital components for an enhanced Emarket have been released recently,
including the backend component for transaction processing via Cybercash
and a session layer that doesn't use cookies for doing things like a
shopping cart.

If there are other people interested perhaps we should start trying to put
something together in terms of some blue sky thinking and a basic set of
features we'd want.

------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com
weaving the web @ http://www.spyderlab.com