[Zope] FYI: Zope Weekly News

Pam Crosby pam@digicool.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:49:35 -0400

Hello,

We had several discussions on the mailing list as to the gender of Zope.
It's an 'it'.  For a relatively quiet, vacation week, we had another
beta release, some HowTo's and two announcements.

CNET mentioned Zope favorably in Dan Shafer article about Python. Also,
Linux Today mention the same article.
http://buzz.builder.com/cgi-bin/WebX?14@101.PwqganhkenJ^0@.ee7bc67/0
http://linuxtoday.com/stories/9043.html

Zope 2.0.0b5 release now available.  History of fixes available on line
and in the installation documentation.
http://www.zope.org/Download/Releases/Zope-2.0.0b5

Paolo Bizzarri has made available version 0.1 of the SQLPackage online.
Documentation is included in the email.

http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-August/008638.html

Alexander Staubo has announced Redirector 1.0.  Redirector is an
experimental folder product for redirecting object requests.
http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-August/008755.html

The O'Reilly conference went exceedingly well.  A review of the tutorial
Paul Everitt delivered:

  http://legacydiscuss.userland.com/msgReader$9785

Andreas Kostyrka offered a HowTo to change a DTML method into a document
or the other way.
  http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-August/008791.html

A mailing list strictly for the purposes of discussing E-Commerce
solutions using Zope has been established.  It's called ZCommerce.
Anyone who is interested in subscribing can either go to
  http://lists.codeit.com/mailman/listinfo/zcommerce to subscribe, or
email zcommerce-request@codeit.com with 'subscribe' as the subject to be
added to the list.

Until next week, Amos will be back!