[Zope] DTML syntax

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:15:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Wilson <wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu>
To: Paul Everitt <Paul@digicool.com>
Cc: Zope Listserv <zope@zope.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 7:56 PM
Subject: RE: [Zope] DTML syntax

>Thanks Paul. I was making it way too hard. Here's another Zope style
>question. From a long-term site maintenance perspective, would it be
>better to create my PDF file objects in scattered directories, or should I
>create a /download folder with some hierarchical storage system there?
>Perhaps the question is too abstract.
>
>I'd like to create some sort of navigation tree that would allow someone
>to download any of the available PDFs from one central page in addition to
>the links that I'm provding in the sub-folders dedicated to each of our
>curriculum units. (See
>http://206.131.108.122:8080/atlas/curriculum/particle/ for an example.)
>Are there any special issues to consider in this case as I decide where in
>the ZODB to store my PDFs?

If it works better for you, you can store the PDFs in the same area as other
related content. If you want to make a central PDF download page, you could
then set up ZCatalog to index the property "content_type", and do a Find to
catalog the objects. Then, your download page just needs to search the
catalog for content_type: application/pdf (or whatever the type is).

It could be as simple as:

<dtml-in "Catalog({'metatype': 'File', 'content_type': 'application/pdf'})">
title></a>
</dtml-in>

Kevin