[Zope] ZClass tutorial?

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:48:45 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm searching for docs on ZClasses. Are there any to be found? Searches at
the new Zope site don't come up with anything.

Specifically, I'm wondering if a ZClass would be of use in my situation.
I'd like to create a form where the teachers in the science dept. would
enter the topics they covered, assignments they gave, etc. for a
particular course on a certain day and in a given period. Then, when
students miss school for any number of perfectly good reasons
(grumble...), they could go to a different form and view and/or print the
assignments they missed.

Would a ZClass fit in here somewhere? My initial thinking was to use MySQL
to store the assignments, simple SQL queries to get the data, and a
ZCatalog to provide searching capability. (Wait a minute...will ZCatalog
catalog an external DB?) I don't know enough about ZClasses yet to know
where to use them.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/