[Zope] Zope Gurus: this is a tricky one, _please_ help

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

Zopistas

I have not followed the Zope world for a while and ... ZClasses, ZCatalog
XMLDocument ... DC slow down so we can keep up!

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Heiko Stoermer wrote:

> It would be ease to simply call
> "manage_clone(folder.object1,'newname',REQUEST)" of course, but the
> selected object comes from a list in a DTML form and thus the ID cannot
> be hardcoded. The user selects an ID from the list, hits a button and
> the next DTML Document is supposed to clone the selected object into the
> current directory.
>
> If I put something like
> "manage_clone(REQUEST['input'],'newname',REQUEST)" I get an error:
> -> Error Type: AttributeError
> -> Error Value: 'string' object has no attribute 'cb_isCopyable'

I would think that something like:

<!--# manage_clone(_.getitem(input,0),'newname',REQUEST)-->
or maybe
<!--# manage_clone(_.getitem(_['input'],0),'newname',REQUEST)-->

should work but then again I haven't used Zope for a while ...

Pavlos