[Zope] No permission to manage file

Loren Stafford lstafford@icompression.com
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:01:59 -0700

In Zope 1.10.3, I've created a role "admin" that has the same permissions as
"manager". I give "admin" role to the Administrators of subsections of our
Intranet site. Some folders contain file objects that are (incidently)
Acrobat files.

Administrators have found when they are at the /manage screen for a folder,
when they click on the link to the /manage-main method for a file object
(e.g. http://intranet/Operations/DocControl/OPS-001.pdf/manage_main) they
are presented with the authentication screen again, and authentication alway
fails. (I've also experimented with files that do not have the .pdf
extension, with the same results.)

The Administrators can add files to the folder, but they cannot edit them.

Looking at the security panel for the objects in question, I can see no
reason for authentication to fail. All permissions are inherited from the
folder, and the user (Administrator) has all permission that a "manager"
has.

Can anyone think of a reason for this behaviour?

-- Thanks
-- Loren Stafford