[Zope] GenericUserFolder authenticates but Zope rejects

Sam Gendler sgendler@teknolojix.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:21:51 -0800

I bumped into something like this with UserDB.  If you access an object that
requires authentication directly (go to its url), the appropriate acl_users folder
gets used (in my case, UserDB).  However, if I attempted to access an object that
requires no authentication, but which calls methods that are restricted, Zope
seemd to only want to use the acl_users folder in the root directory of the zope
install, or else superuser was the only user that worked, I can't remember which
way it worked.  At any rate, if you make the containing object require
authentication, everything should work again.

--sam