[Zope] another ZClass question (easy?)

Sam Gendler sgendler@teknolojix.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:38:29 -0800

Please forgive the flurry of questions, but the ZClass documentation is not
exactly chock full o' detail.

If I am trying to build a ZClass that requires a database connection, how to I
go about building the add form.  I want it to look much like the userDb add
form, with a pull down of available connections.  I can construct the dtml by
copying out of UserDb, but where to store the connection.  Is it a property of
my ZClass, or is it a method.  How do I assign it.

Mostly, if someone could point me at a ZClass product that does some of these
things, I would greatly appreciate it.

Another question has just cropped up.  I cannot add ZSQL methods to the ZClass,
because I don't have a db connection, but I don't want to have them connect to a
particular connection, I want them to connect to the db connection that gets
assigned to the instance of the ZClass.  Presumably, this could also be solved
with a good example ZClass.

Thanks

--sam