[Zope] some advice for a news site

Karl Fast Karl Fast <karl.fast@pobox.com>
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:32:28 -0600

> Is it possible to use the Z ODB to store the news instead of a RDBMS,
> without loosing the functionality we need?... Maybe a combination of Zope
> and MySQL?.

The only thing to watch out for is the 2GB file size limit on Linux.
The ZODB is one big file, and it's not always tightly packed, so
100MB of data will take up more space on disk.

This is a limitation of the ext2 filesystem, so it's a linux thing,
not a zope thing. I haven't come anywhere near to hitting this wall,
so I don't know what, if any, workarounds there are to this.

Karl Fast