[Zope] dtml-if / object doumentation

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:14:46 -0500

Adam,

Your first stop would be the DTML User's Guide
(http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/DTML).

This is not an exhaustive list of objects and their methods/attributes,
but it is required reading.

Then some folks have been kind enough to try to document much of the
Zope API in the Zope Quick Reference (http://www.zope.org/Members/ZQR),
which provides the beginnings of an "authoritative" Zope API reference.
It is not complete, but it is handy.

The ultimate reference, however, is, as always, the source code.

I do well by searching the archives of the mailing list for text close
to what I'm trying to accomplish.  This is probably your most reasonable
bet when you're unsure of something.  You can do this by searching the
egroups archive through an interface provided at
http://www.zope.org/Resources/MailingLists.  I usually prefer to keep
local copies of the mailing list archives on my own PC and search
through them with grep and the like.  You can download the entire
mailing list archive set (in ASCII text) at the same link.

Chris McDonough     mailto:chrism@digicool.com
Digital Creations   http://www.digicool.com
Publishers of Zope  http://www.zope.org