[Zope] Fwd: Re: [Zope] manage_editProperties in ZClasses

- bak@nstp.com.my
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:07:47 +0800

On Sun, 05 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 12:26:21PM +0800, - wrote:
> > hi all,
> > how do i change the default value of textarea (cols) from 35 to something else?
> >  i edited Property.py in lib/python/ZClasses, changing  line 199
> >  -- <textarea name="%s:text" rows="6" cols="75"><dtml-var %s
> >             ></textarea>'''
> > saved it, restart zope and tried changing my ZClass property.  biut i still got
> > the cols=35.  what did i miss?
>
> Completely shutdown Zope, make your change, delete the associated .pyc
> file (I'd guess that it is lib/Python/ZClasses/Property.pyc) so that
> Python is forced to actually look at your .py file (should be doing this
> anyway b/c of timestamps, but make sure) and restart Zope.

did as you say, shutdown zope, removed Property.pyc, edit Property.py, start
zope.  went to manage_main, still textarea remains with default cols (35).
checked Property.pyc, it does have my cols value (80).  perhaps DC could give
users the ability to change the textarea size, like they did on other
management interfaces.

anyways, i've decided to construct my own form for adding/editing properties.
the only hitch i got is when editing properties, i can't reuse the old id.  i
need to create a new id and delete the old id.   or did i not see the obvious
solution?

thanks for all help

  Am I Evil?

Am I Evil?