[Zope] Urgent - server down.

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 08:08:52 +0800

>> Well, it's been a nightmare day for Zope on our box.
>> Does it self destruct when Data.fs reachs a certain
>> size or something ?
>
>There are no built-in limits on Data.fs size.  Your OS may have one
>however.  How big is the file?

Small - 50 MB.  My above comment was more of an
inane introduction, sorry. I didn't really think
this could be the cause.

>> "Temporarily Unavailable
>> The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable -
>> please try again
>> later.
>> (116) unable to connect, fd=3 "
>
>PCGI cannot connect to Zope.  Can you connect to ZServer?

No, we could not connect to the Zserver directly.

>> Alternatively, the server just hangs and doesn't respond
>> (but ps -aux shows the process is running).
>
>Is it spinning? (consuming 100% CPU resources?) or hung? (consuming
>none..)

Sorry, you're right, it was 'spinning' - 100% CPU resources.
Does that suggest anything in particular ?

When this first occured, I restarted Zope. That solved the problem
for a few hours but problems kept recurring. Last night I restarted
the server and since then it has been OK (for the past 8 hrs) ...
but I'm anxious how it will stand up to being put under load again
today.

chas