[Zope] tree elsewhere...

Ethan Fremen mindlace@majordomo.net
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 00:43:45 +0000

Darcy Clark wrote:

> Janko,
>
> thanks for explaining this....it works for me also. Although I must
> admit that I am still suprised that I cannot get this to work somehow if
> index_html is a method.

Think of methods as a pseudopod of a folder, not a entity unto itself.  They're best used for DTML code that has at least folder-wide scope, in my experience. I try to push as much presentation logic into methods as I can, and use DTML documents as content objects.

> The reason I am trying to use methods is that in
> my standard_html_header I am also using the <!--#tree--> tag - this tag
> only seems to work properly if index_html is a method. I guess I still
> don't appreciate the finer points of methods/documents and acquisition.

<dtml-tree expr="PARENTS[0]">

will make a tree starting from the folder above the DTML Document.

<dtml-if "meta_type == 'DTML Document>
<dtml-tree expr="PARENTS[0]"></dtml-tree>
<dtml-else "meta_type == 'DTML Method'>
<dtml-tree expr="PARENTS[1]"></dtml-tree>
</dtml-if>

might be what you're looking for.  Feel free to add branch_expr etc.

--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility