[Zope] Zope stability

Thomas Duterme thomas@madeforchina.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:11:37 +0900

Hello Everyone,

We are using Zope for one of our sites but Zope died as of yesterday.
(refer to Chas' posts)

This was totally out of the blue and is quite shocking.  (Zope is still
down after 24 hours)

The question I'd like to raise to the entire list regards Zope's stability.
 We are running Zope
integrated with Apache off FreeBSD3.2 .  As far as I know, this is not such
an exotic setup (probably
rather common?).  As Chas explained previously, Zope just suddenly died.
Teodore also had the same
error occur and solved it by rebooting his server.

How often has this occured with other people?  Are there any good solutions
regarding providing a backup
in case Zope does die?  (and keep the site running) Are there any serious
Zope instability issues which
need to be discussed and alerted?

TIA,
Thomas