[Zope] Automatically Populating the title Property on html files imported via ftp

Geir B Hansen geirh@funcom.com
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:01:17 +0100

> > I've been trying to figure out a way to do this and have been
> > banging my head
> > against the wall.  The end user still want's to edit the site
> > with dreamweaver
> > but needs the titles to show up in the catalog search.
> > When using the ftp interface you lose properties that have
> > been set, and you
> > have nothing set on new documents.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> If you want to work really hard, you could create your own kind of
> object that parsed the title out of the HTML that gets FTPed up.
>
> Other than that, I can't think of any better way than getting an
editor
> that speaks HTTP in a scriptable way or XML-RPC.
>
> -Michel

A colleague of mine wrote up an object that sucks files of the local
filesystem, replaces the start of the doc with  <dtml-var
standard_html_header> and the bottom with footer, and nicks whatever is
within <TITLE></TITLE> to make the Title property of the DTML-doc..
Works rather neatly, but is still in development..
I'll talk to him about making it a product if it is stable and someone
are interested..   Doesn't help you with ftp, though ..

Geir B Hansen
geirh@funcom.com
Web-designer / Graphic artist
Funcom Oslo