[Zope] Zope woes continue - server going down regularly.

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 20:21:23 +0800

>If there is no other solution, you can  do like me: use a 'watch-dog' script
>which restart Zope in case it stop responding :-)
>(stupid solution, but it works)

Thanks Gilles - if it's not asking too much, could you
pls also send me a sample script. Otherwise, I'm looking
at a cronjob to stop then start Zope regularly (thanks
for the idea, M) but that's even more stupid.

Looking at the larger picture, it's very worrying that
people are having to employ such scripts (it really does
echo the earlier "CF vs Zope" thread we had the list
where CF was ridiculed for such instability).

Thanks for your help - support from the list is all that's
keeping me sane at the moment,

chas