[Zope] Re: Automatically Populating the title Property on html files imported via ftp

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 20:10:10 +0100

At 06:49 07/12/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>From: "Geir B Hansen" <geirh@funcom.com>
>To: "Michel Pelletier" <michel@digicool.com>,
>"'Chris McClimans'" <chris@mcclimans.net>, <zope@zope.org>
>Subject: Re: [Zope] Automatically Populating the title Property on html
>files imported via ftp
>Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:01:17 +0100

<snip>

>A colleague of mine wrote up an object that sucks files of the local
>filesystem, replaces the start of the doc with  <dtml-var
>standard_html_header> and the bottom with footer, and nicks whatever is
>within <TITLE></TITLE> to make the Title property of the DTML-doc..
>Works rather neatly, but is still in development..
>I'll talk to him about making it a product if it is stable and someone
>are interested..   Doesn't help you with ftp, though ..

I am very interested in an import object especially if it can be managed
through the Zope UI. I may need to import hundreds of files into Zope in
some time. Also, I'm looking for ways to easily exchange files with editors
like DreamWeaver.

Cheers.

Alexandre