[Zope] Zope stability

Teodor Cimpoesu teo@digiro.net
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 21:50:55 +0200

Thomas Duterme wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are using Zope for one of our sites but Zope died as of yesterday.
> (refer to Chas' posts)
> This was totally out of the blue and is quite shocking.  (Zope is still
> down after 24 hours)
oops

> The question I'd like to raise to the entire list regards Zope's stability.
>  We are running Zope
> integrated with Apache off FreeBSD3.2 .  As far as I know, this is not such
> an exotic setup (probably
> rather common?).  As Chas explained previously, Zope just suddenly died.
> Teodore also had the same
> error occur and solved it by rebooting his server.

yeah, but for my luck it wasn't a production server but just a home
computer

> How often has this occured with other people?  Are there any good solutions
> regarding providing a backup
> in case Zope does die?  (and keep the site running) Are there any serious
> Zope instability issues which
> need to be discussed and alerted?

Good point.
Anyways, what I am frustrated of is a good debugger for Zope. I've just
downloaded
DDD & pydb to give them a try but I am interested in using ZMonitor (not
much docs about it
or did I miss something?)
btw, How exactly is MrCreosete (spl?) working and how can it be used?

Second, ppl must undestand that they are using a *free* product. Guys @
DC are
not committed in any way to solve in real time our problems (just read
the disclamer).
Still it would be ``cool'' to be aware in time of any weirdness we might
encounter
before going online with our brand new Zope server full of products and
stuff.

Also I have a feeling DC is not soo happy to keep an online hot update
of bugs and
instability issues when these might compromise it to commercial
parteners. So they would
first like to have an inner look @ problems then announce the Zope
comunity.
But from our point of view, we want to know everything :-)

--
CIMPOESU Teodor, Web Programmer (h)
@ DIGICOM S.A. Bucharest, Romania

official home page ~ http://www.digiro.net/