[Zope] How do I ... keep variable alive

Jonathan Cheyne jonathan@home-all.org.uk
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:21:02 +0000

I have used the site-contents example to list files in a folder. I now
have the list as links - excellent. now none of these files have not got
the standard header and footer set - to remedy this I would like to open
a nominal file (say /viewer ) which only has three lines - the header
and footer plus a <dtml-var > line which refers to the file I wanted to
view in the first place. Clear? :-) So you will see that I am basically
trying to ensure that a header and footer are wrapped round /every/
document every time. I want to modify the sitemap layout so that instead
of opening the document, it opens /viewer but at the moment of opening
viewer the original file path is a variable that is still alive and
useable. Dunno how to do this and clues, pointers etc will be trully
excellent. There may, of course, be a 100% better way of doing this
already!

Cheers all

Jonathan

ps I posted a similar request to the egroups but it did not seem to
appear so incase you seem to have seen this twise or whatever, I
apologise.