[Zope] Urgent: PCGI on NT

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 16:27:04 +0100

Hi there,

I'm sorry I keep sending out the same messages to this list, but I still
haven't solved my problem and I need to solve it _very soon now_. I
think I've run into a bug with PCGI on NT but it's odd that no one else
ran into this before.. Could people send me their pcgi config files,
please? I can't get mine to work.

The problem:

I have a zope.cgi file set up. It points to the PCGI_PUBLISHER
(pcgi_publisher.py). But somehow, whatever I do, if I write the path
with / or \, include f: or not, it just fails to find that file. the
pcgiwrapper.exe keeps coming with a

missing publisher: f:\Zope\pcgi\pcgi_publisher.py

It just plain refuses to find the right file, whatever I do! I've even
tried placing that .py file in the root of f:, and I've tried giving it
another file, but no matter what I do, it fails to find it.

I traced this message back to the file parseinfo.c. There it does a
stat() to check if the file exists. Somehow that stat fails. As I don't
have a C compiler for NT I can't debug this any further.. This is
terribly weird. I've even tried using Zope 2.0's pcgi .exe files in the
hope that they would work, but no luck.

My current zope.cgi file (*please* send me yours if you have it working
on NT!):

#!f:\zope\pcgi\win32\pcgi-wrapper.exe
PCGI_NAME=Zope
PCGI_PORT=8090
PCGI_MODULE_PATH= f:\Zope\lib\python\Main.py
PCGI_PUBLISHER= f:\Zope\pcgi\pcgi_publisher.py
PCGI_EXE= f:\Zope\bin\python.exe
PCGI_SOCKET_FILE= f:\Zope\var\pcgi.soc
PCGI_PID_FILE= f:\Zope\var\pcgi.pid
PCGI_ERROR_LOG= f:\Zope\var\pcgi.log