[Zope] Re: reality check - The REAL issue

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:52:13 -0800

[Jeff K. Hoffman, on Fri, 10 Dec 1999]

:: The bottom line is that I require different documentation than others,
:: working at a higher level, might. Perhaps it would be useful to start a
:: dialogue about the different audiences to which documentation should be
:: written?

Jeff, you are absolutely right. But there is already a forum for this
-- the Zope Documentation mail list. Are you subscribed to it? (Haven't
seen you there.)

Last I heard, something like 600 people had signed up for membership on
the regular Zope Web site, yet all of only 3-4 people are currently
committing *part* of their time to the Zope Documentation Project.
Where is everyone else?

I'd suggest that if *every* Zope user simply subscribed to the
zdp@zope.org mail list, then hopefully some fraction of those
subscribers would see an occasional opportunity to contribute in some
easy way. And ALL of the subscribers would have a clear,
no-illusions, idea just how hard it is to develop quality documentation
in any Open Source project.