[Zope] reality check

Guido A.J. Stevens gyst@nfg.nl
12 Dec 1999 12:35:45 +0100

Hi Rik,

Just wanted to let you know you're _completely_ wrong :-). "Changing
context in Zope" is exactly what I was looking for and I find myself
referencing it frequently.

I'll take your points seriously though: after fiddling with Zope for
some weeks now I've found some errors in some documentation and I'll
contact the authors off-list.

I must say I'm quite satisfied with the Zope documentation. It's
fragmented, yes, but there's a lot of it. I've got a big pile of
printouts on my desk, bigger than anything available for PHP e.g., and
it's just a subset of what can be gotten from the Zope site. I for one
attribute my difficulties in implementing Zope more to the complexity
and huge feature-set of the Zope engine, than to a lack of
documentation. Good documentation helps, but it does not make Zope
intrinsically easier.

:*CU#

--
***    Guido A.J. Stevens      ***    mailto:gyst@nfg.nl    ***
***    Net Facilities Group    ***    tel:+31.43.3618933    ***