[Zope] How to write a product.

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:21:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Magnus Heino wrote:
> Since I have never written a product before, what could be used as a
> good reference? Seems to me that one should use zclasses, with some
> logic in python.

   Somewhere on zope.org there is the Boring Product. It is good starting
point. I started with it and soon (after 30 minutes) had a Random Product,
that allows you to fill a list of lines and shows random line. Later I
modified it to use volatile attriobutes (I just wanted to experiment with
product creation).
   Source code and example (including Read-Only ADmin login) here:
http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/Zope/

   I haven't tried ZClasses yet; I hope to expand my list of demo products
and add two more: Random Items (that will show a random item, where item
will be an instance of a special class) and Random Z - ZClass Based.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru