[Zope] Editor

Geir B Hansen geirh@funcom.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:14:56 +0100

> I hope this doesn't offend the people that have put so much work into
> Zope (which is an excellent product :), but the editor leaves much to
be
> desired. Things such as; no search and replace, no syntax
highlighting,
> search doesn't search arguments or properties etc. make it very
> frustrating to use Zope for sophisticated projects (Our corporate site
> has close to a thousand pages).
>
> The question then is, what are other Zopesters doing?

For me, using a windows-machine, Allaire Homesite works nicely..  I
access the zope-server (running Zserver on Linux) by FTP.
I still have to use the web-interface a lot, but it makes work a lot
easier..
Advertising a commercial product in an Open-source-community might
possibly be stepping on someones toes, but i wouldnt do this unless
asked explicitly.
Color coding, search/replace etc all works like a dream, and it is
somewhat extensible too, but i cannot seem to make it understand DTML...
HS also saves DTML-methods as DTML-methods again, not as DTML-documents,
as i've heard someone has been troubled with on emacs (correct me if
wrong)..
It is by all means no perfect tool, but it makes my day to day work a
lot easier, but then again, i probably do to much dtml anyway as i don't
know much python yet..

Geir B Hansen
geirh@funcom.com
Web-designer / Graphic artist