[Zope] Multiple Zope servers?

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:08:12 PST

Hi,

This is a general question. I am a newbie in
Zope, I apologize if I miss something obvious.

If a website eventually becomes big and
needs several servers to handle the requests,
what would be the ideal configuration for Zope?

Can one run several copies of Zope on different
machines, all sharing the same Data.fs database
file? If so, how does one do it?

Would it be reasonable to use:
(1) An Apache server machine to handle the incoming
requests.
(2) A number of Zope server machines (say, 3 machines)
that receive the requests coming from the Apache.
(3) A single Database/File server machine.

The basic idea is that I want the website to
be scalable, so if the load becomes heavy, one
can just add more servers to aliviate the situation.
For the above configuration, how many copies of
PCGI needs to be running?

I would appreciate any other suggestion/comment.

regards,

Hung Jung