[Zope] Multiple Zope servers?

Jeff K. Hoffman jkhoffman@carolina.rr.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 00:53:35 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Hung Jung Lu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a general question. I am a newbie in
> Zope, I apologize if I miss something obvious.
>
> If a website eventually becomes big and
> needs several servers to handle the requests,
> what would be the ideal configuration for Zope?
>
> Can one run several copies of Zope on different
> machines, all sharing the same Data.fs database
> file? If so, how does one do it?

(snip)

> The basic idea is that I want the website to
> be scalable, so if the load becomes heavy, one
> can just add more servers to aliviate the situation.
> For the above configuration, how many copies of
> PCGI needs to be running?

Check out:

  http://www.digicool.com/Solutions/ZEOFactSheet.pdf

Short story:

Yes, you can do this with the ZEO add-on ($$) from DC. It pulls ZODB out
into a separate process, potentially running on a separate machine, which
handles all object storage for one or more Zope instances. In this way,
you can scale Zope exactly as you desire.

> Hung Jung

--Jeff