[Zope] SQL Methods and namespace question

Rik Hoekstra RikHoekstra@bigfoot.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:59:22 +0100

> The records addition makes the searchsitem available as a list of records
> with fields. It may be iterated with a dtml-in. In this case that would be
> <dtml-in searchitem>. The sequence-item then has the 'fields' of
> the record
> as its attributes, so that in this case you can access them with <dtml-var
> connector> and <dtml-var searchterm>. This works nicely in a normal DTML
> Method.
>
> The problem seems to be that the SQL Method is only able to retrieve items
> from the REQUEST.form dictionary, and the records list is in the REQUEST
> object itself.  This seems not to be directly accessibly from the SQL
> Method, because it gets its values from the stated input fields (the ones
> you define as tokens in a SQL Method). But I'm not completely sure.

OK, forget about this. I was completely off track. Somehow on of the methods
on the way apparently got messed up. The proposed way of including a search
worked as I had intended and in exactly that way.

Sorry to have posted misleading messages. Please ignore them

Rik