[Zope] Apache and Zope setup problem ...

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:09:38 -0800

Darran Edmundson wrote:

> > > /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi$1[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
>
> > Looks like you need a space between '...cgi$1' and '[e=...'.
>
> Sorry Evan, I must have inadvertently removed that space when
> cutting and pasting - it is in the actual httpd.conf file.
> Any other suggestions?

Well, here is a snip from the httpd.conf that we use here that works
fine:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

It looks remarkably similar, except that our RewriteRule takes
everything after the slash, whereas yours takes the slash itself.  Now,
I know this works because it's what we use on our live server.

(The [e= line is, of course, on the same line as the RewriteRule
separated from the $1 by a single space).

This rule will map any url into Zope though, if you wanted zope access
through the /Zope/ url, then you would have to change the RewriteRule to
^/Zope/(.*) instead.
--
Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com