[Zope] Re: force upper case in REQUEST

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:34:23 PST

Terry Kerr wrote:
><!--#with "SubjectClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
>REQUEST)"-->
><dtml-call "propertysheets.subject_info.manage_changeProperties(
>          subject_code=<dtml-var id upper>,
><!--#/with-->
>
>This returns invalid syntax?  How can I convert to upper case?

You cannot embed a <dtml-...> tag inside another <dtml-...>
tag. Once you are inside a <dtml-...> tag, you have to use
methods provided by Zope objects. In particular, the underscore
_ variable contains a number of useful methods.

In your case, you would use:

<dtml-call "propertysheets.subject_info.manage_changeProperties(
      subject_code=_.string.upper(REQUEST['id']),
      ...)">

hope this helps,

Hung Jung