[Zope] Acquisition problem - please help

Dave Parker dparker@globalcrossing.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:24:42 -0600

Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Dave Parker wrote:
>

> > And I do http://host/first/second/third/fourth/fifth
> >
> > What value of X would a method M see? The value first set or the value
> > third set?
>
> It depends what kind of method M is (I suppose it can be called
> inconsistency but it is actually a feature).
>
> DTML Methods and I believe External Methods behave different under
> Acquisition than the rest of the of the Zope objects. They are in effect
> 'attached' to their immediate Parent object in the Acquisition path. Other
> object, for instance DTML Documents are 'attached' to Object in which they
> are defined.
>
> Is method M a DTML method?

Yes it is.

I've got a rather involved framework going, and I'm trying to add some
"polymophism" to it thus:

<dtml-in "_.getitem(mainMenuItemsMethod,0)(REQUEST,_,_.None)">

mainMenuItemsMethod is the property X I was speaking of.  So I'm doing
indirection on it; get a list from whatever is described by
mainMenuItemsMethod.