[Zope] Zserver newbie question

Barbara Pfieffer bjp@bejay.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:03:14 -0600

My web host is running Apache.  I've gotten Zope installed, and if I telnet
in and start. the ZServer starts running.  If I go to port 8080/manage,
everything is great.

Now, the rest may be part of the Zen of Zope, but I can't find anything in
the documents.

If I run mydomain.com:8080/index.html  I get the Zope files.  If I go to
mydomain.com/index.html, I get my regular files, just like before.  Let's
say I have my Zope-powered website ready to go.  Do I just hook up the
FastCGI to Apache (yeah, I know it's not that easy, especially since I
don't have access to httpd.conf and have to use .htaccess instead), and
then mydomain.com/index.html will bring up my Zope pages?

Have I got this theory right, or am I missing something?  Thanks for the
help in advance.

Barbara
Make Your Site Sell! Products
http://www.myssproducts.com/
Learn How to have a profitable, successful
Web Site!  FREE Download!