[Zope] ZOracleDA periodically drops connections, please help

Roman Milner rmilner@point-one.net
17 Dec 1999 06:07:27 -0600

Hello.  We are about to go live with a new Zope based site but we are
having a frustrating problem.  Periodically, we lose all of our
oracle connections.  Our queries start to return oci errors stating
that the zsql method is not connected to a database.  Sometimes this
causes ZServer/python to crash, other times they are still running.  In
all cases restarting zserver fixes the problem.

We have ZServer configured to run pcgi only.  Apache also runs and
delivers content via pcgi.

Our Zope server runs on a redhat 6.2 machine.  We have the Oracle DA
installed on that machine.  Our Oracle server runs on a Sun box.

When ZOracleDA loses all of its connections, we can still communicate
with the oracle server fine via sqlplus.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

^Roman