[Zope] ZOracleDA periodically drops connections, please help

Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:26:03 +1100

>>> Roman Milner wrote
> Our Zope server runs on a redhat 6.2 machine.  We have the Oracle DA
> installed on that machine.  Our Oracle server runs on a Sun box.

> When ZOracleDA loses all of its connections, we can still communicate
> with the oracle server fine via sqlplus.

obvious question - are there any timeouts or session resource limits
configured in your oracle server?

I recommend setting up a standard_error_message that logs errors to
a mailbox so that you can track some of this stuff. Note that if there
is a bug that trashes the oracle connection, you'll have to reconnect
it manually.

Anthony