[Zope] alot of general dc, zope, public relations questions

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:21:32 -0500

I think zope.org is quite nice.  Its navigation is consistent and fairly
easy to use.  The focus is clearly on content rather than useless graphic
images that just waste time and bandwidth.  Many sites for great products
focus on content and not prettiness (apache and python to name two), and I
hope it stays that way.  Too many Web developers have lost touch with what
is important (content) and have followed the poisoned path of making great
"looking" sites instead.

This is not to say that a site can't be made attactive, improve on
navigation, clarity, and ease of use.  However, I find myself wasting a lot
of time on the Web waiting for sexy when what I want is information.

---
Ron

-----Original Message----- [with many snips]

From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of alan
runyan
Sent: Friday, December 17, 1999 2:08 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] alot of general dc, zope, public relations questions

anyway: I've shown some developers Zope and most can not get past the web
site
--zope.org attention--
(zope.org - i personally like it.. although its getting old, visiting it
everyday 8) design (mix of fonts, unsexy graphics, poor navigation -> please
make Browse the DTML Reference online here. abit more obvious (documentation
page) this should be accented w/ a graphic or much more pronounced text like
the .tgz)
--/zope.org attention--
and the digicool.com web site only speaks of ZEO, and some open source pdfs,
ang lots of press releases. NOTE: I'm sure you would rather spend time
developing Zope than the website advertising zope.. but it needs to happen
for marketing purposes.  not HUGE, simple and slick - roxen has a very nice
web site.  Its just Zope doesnt seem like a commercial viability.  does
anyone else get that impression?

please make zope sexy so my friends and the world will like it.  Amos
definetly sex'd up Zope w/ his article at xml.com