[Zope] Acquisition problem - please help

Dave Parker dparker@globalcrossing.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:55:04 -0600

"Jeff K. Hoffman" wrote:

> It's the physical path combined with the context in which the acquisition
> is occurring. I think. :)

That sounds more like what's going on (and helps - thanks).

> ZClasses are contained in a product. So, yes, to use a ZClass, the product
> that contains it must be installed. ZClasses are "above" the OFS, so to
> speak.
>
> > My trouble has been in imagining what the development cycle for a
> > specific application (not a generic product) would look like in that
> > context.
>
> I am using ZClasses for a specific application. I just make sure they're
> installed on whatever server is going to serve my app. :)

Yeah, I presumed the "must be installed" issue ;)  I'm wondering about
the underlying mechanism: when you create an instance of a product, how
does it relate to the product itself?  Put another way: when I make
changes to the product, do I have to re-install it to get those changes
to kick in?