[Zope] Scheduled tasks in Zope?

Martijn Pieters Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:27:15 +0100

Hello Hung,

Friday, December 17, 1999, 11:53:05 AM, you wrote:
HJL> How does one set up scheduled tasks in Zope (like automatically backing up
HJL> files, automatically uploading newer versions of HTML files onto ZODB once a
HJL> day, etc.)? I searched a little bit and found someone (Martijn Pieters)
HJL> mentioning about ZScheduler...  How is that coming along?

Not. What with a lot of Zope projects in my previous job, a big
presentation, and then my switch to Digital Creations nothing much has
happend on this.

HJL> Is it OK just to launch another Python thread from an external method to
HJL> take care of scheduled tasks? Or is a performance hit?

HJL> How can I automatically launch the scheduler thread whenever the ZServer is
HJL> up?

You better set up a small script run by cron for this. This is
currently much easier to manage.

--
Best regards,
 Martijn Pieters                    mailto:mj@digicool.com