[Zope] Scheduled tasks in Zope?

Joshua Brauer joshua@brauer.org
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:47:57 -0700

At 8:27 PM +0100 12/17/99, Martijn Pieters wrote:

>HJL> Is it OK just to launch another Python thread from an external method to
>HJL> take care of scheduled tasks? Or is a performance hit?
>
>HJL> How can I automatically launch the scheduler thread whenever the ZServer is
>HJL> up?
>
>You better set up a small script run by cron for this. This is
>currently much easier to manage.

One method I've looked at for this is using cron to run Lynx through specific URL's  (i.e. a method to back things up or do whatever).

Josh

                                    # # #

Joshua Brauer                                         Box 915
http://www.brauer.org                          Fort Collins, CO 80522
Fax: (419) 793-4120
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
          -- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900