[Zope] Acquisition problem - please help

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:40:45 -0500

You do not create instances of products, you create instances of
classes.  A Product can contain multiple classes.

An instances cannot be unpickled without its class, so if you remove a
class without removing instances of that class the instances will show
up as broken (but Zope can handle that, you just can't used the broken
objects).

Note that ZClasses are identical to python classes.  In fact, they *are*
python classes.  To find out more about that, read any good book on
Python (there are more apearing every day).

> Put another way: when I make
> changes to the product, do I have to re-install it to get
> those changes
> to kick in?

No, when you change a class attribute (sometimes called a 'shared
instances attribute), all instances will get that attribute.

-Michel