[Zope] Beginner's permissions problem

Geoff Gardiner ggardiner@synomics.com
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:06:25 -0000

I am mystified by my inability to open permissions to anonymous and to
enable login for my testuser, so I suppose I have a fundamental blindspot
somewhere about setting up Zope (2.1.1 on NT, completely new default setup).

My problem is that my test pages are correctly visible when I login as
superuser and only partially visible as anonymous (for example I don't get
my style sheet, and I can't post a form at all). I can't login as another
user at all either.

I have set all permissions at the top level to be open to anonymous. I have
my testuser setup at the top level as a manager.

What should I be looking at to get past this currently-insurmountable
hurdle? Documentation seems to assume that permissions just work and give no
hint that problems could be encountered.

Thank you in advance, even though I expect I shall be embarassed when I
discover the answer.

Geoff