[Zope] Re: Authentication with IIS

Jepthte CLAIN minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 15:46:09 +0400

--------------B30A6D8A5DD71B6F643BAC90

> > This question has been asked several times already, and the
> > answer is always
> > the same:
> >
> > Q: How to to interface Zope with IIS
> > A: turn off challenge/response authentication and turn on basic
> > authentication for Zope to handle authentication
> >
> > *BUT* I want IIS to handle authentication, and give Zope the
> > user's name through REMOTE_USER.
> > It seems not to be possible. Has anyone managed to do that?
>
> I think this might be IIS' fault. Use <dtml-var REMOTE_USER> to see if
> it gets stuffed into the REQUEST by IIS.
>
> --Rob

REMOTE_USER is not stuffed in. That's why I ask :-)
If only I knew how do challenge/response authentication work.

the cgi-bin (pcgi-wrapper for instance) seems not to be called at all
during the authentication process.

Any other ideas?

-- Jephte
minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
--------------B30A6D8A5DD71B6F643BAC90

begin:vcard
n:CLAIN;Jephte
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
adr;quoted-printable:;;71 rue Lory les Hauts=0D=0AAppt 16;Ste Clotilde;;97490;
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jephte CLAIN
end:vcard

--------------B30A6D8A5DD71B6F643BAC90--