[Zope] simple question (I hope)

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 15:42:54 -0800

Sam Gendler wrote:

> I have a folder that I want to move to a new location, but I want old
> bookmarks to still work.  I wanted to stick a RESPONSE.redirect call in
> the standard_html_error in the old folder (that has no content in it),
> that redirects to the same object as the one requested with a new path.
> Does anyone have any idea how I might go about constructing the
> redirection url from the standard_html_error method?
>
> --sam

I should add that it is easy enough to construct the new url from the
PATH_TRANSLATED field of the REQUEST.  However, I don't seem to be able to call
RESPNOSE.redirect from the standard_error_message.  Can someone suggest another
way to do this?  By the way, overloading standard_error_message doesn't seem to
do anything.  I have to make changes to the standard_error_message in the root
folder in order to make any changes that actually work.  Is this normal?

--sam