[Zope] FastCGI and apache setup problems

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:56:23 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Andrew Hall wrote:

> "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/zope": connect() failed
>
> I have tried everything, changing permissions, running fastcgi support as a
> socket under /tmp/zope.soc and as an external TCP port, but all to no avail.
> Zope seems to be running fine and if I goto port 8080 Zope pops up (although
> I didn't really expect this - is this meant to happen? Should zope under
> Zserver and apache at the same time? I only want Zope operating from within
> Apache.. maybe I'm doing something wrong?)

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Fastcgi needs to communicate
with the application and it uses either TCP or a named pipe. If you use
TCP then Zope will be available also directly from its port. A mistake I
made the first time I used fastcgi was to assign the same port both for
Zope and fastcgi.

Also is apache really configured in your case to serve files from
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/zope ?

the zope file should not exist put apache should be configured to serve
files from /usr/local/apache/htdocs. If not just substtite the path with
your Documentroot configured path.

Pavlos