[Zope] Re: Fw: [Zope] FastCGI and apache setup problems

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:36:24 +0100

Hi Andrew,

At 11:49 Uhr +1100 20.12.1999, Andrew Hall wrote:
>Hi, looking at the Zope mailing list, you had exactly the same problem as I
>am having (see below). You obviously fixed it, how did you do it?

this is the message that helped me from Jimbo Bahooli

At 17:48 Uhr -0600 05.12.1999, Jimbo Bahooli wrote:
>Have zope create the socket in /tmp/fcgi, for example:
>
>-F /tmp/fcgi/zope
>
>Then in the apache config, the FastCgiExternalServer line should look
>like,
>
>FastCgiExternalServer /usr/local/www/htdocs/z -socket zope -pass-header
>Authorization
>
>This is because the fastcgi module defaults to look into /tmp/fcgi and
>does not accept an absolute path on the ExternalServer command.
>Hopefully this helps you, if not email me back.

This made it possible to use FastCGi. It is even possible to include
the relevant parts into
VirtualHost containers in your apache config!

But I still have problems with FastCGi. Every now and then I get
connection errors from apache.
I posted this to the Zope list but did not get an answer :-( Please
have a look if you encounter
the same...:

-- quoted material starts here --
>HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 07:28:07 GMT Server:
>Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.4.6
>OpenSSL/0.9.4 PHP/4.0B3-dev PHP/3.0.13-dev mod_fastcgi/2.2.3
>
>OK
>
>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>unable to complete your request.
>
>Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@MIDRAS.de and
>inform them of the time the error
>occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
>
>More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>

>Apache/1.3.9 Server at test.neue-rundschau.de Port 80

The apache-error-log tells the following on the request:

>[Mon Dec  6 08:28:07 1999] [error] [client 212.14.64.240] FastCGI:
>comm with server "/serve/nr/zope" aborted: protocol error: invalid
>version: 61 != FCGI_VERSION(1)

As I am alone on this server at the moment, this seems to become a
major problem when the system is on load...

Does anyone have an idea on that messages???

Regards

Jochen