[Zope] Swedish characters and XMLDocument-1.0a4

Magnus Heino magnus@vuab.net
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:39:29 +0100

> I'm not much of an expert on character sets, but the default character
> encoding in XML is UTF-8, not ISO 8859 as with HTML. Therefore, entering
> ISO characters will not translate correctly, and this might account for
> your problems.
>
> To specify that the document contents is encoded in ISO 8859-1 (ie., ISO
> Latin 1), modify the document heading to say:
>
>         <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Well... I add that into the document:

<faq>
  <entry>
    <test>Långt svårt öppningshål</test>
  </entry>
</faq>

Then I hit "Change", and the saved version will look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<faq>
  <entry>
    <test>Långt och svårt öppningshål</test>
  </entry>
</faq>

Encoding is removed, and I cant say the text is what I want it to be :-P

Time to buy a XML-book... or maybe it is a bug? I dont know.

/Magnus Heino