[Zope] ZMySQLda make failure

technology@mylinuxisp.com technology@mylinuxisp.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:26:54 -0600

> I got this same error when I was trying to compile it under Solaris
> 2.6.  My solution was to switch to using MySQLdb instead of
> MySQLmodule.  You can find MySQLdb in the Contributed Products section
> of www.zope.org.  You'll have to patch the ZMySQLDA to be able to use it
> (the patch is included in the MySQLdb distribution).
>
> --
> Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
> CodeIt Computing | http://code

Thanks Nick:

This is what I have done in response to the new information you have given
me.
-eI-e -eh-ea-ev-ee-e -er-ep-em-e -e--ee-e -et-eh-ee-e -ep-ey-et-eh-eo-en-e--
em-ey-es-eq-el-em-eo-ed-eu-el-ee-e--e1-e.-e4-e0-e--e7-e.-ei-e3-e8-e6-e.-er-ep-
em-e

I reinstalled the Zmysqlda. Here I still have the make problem.

I also installed the MySQLdb and ran the patch for ZMySQLda. I have restarted
Zope. I go to manage zope and the MySQL database connection does not appear
when adding new objects. Am I missing something obvious?

thanks again
cj
technology.nospam@mylinuxisp.com