[Zope] Errors adding second Zope instance to NT box : asyncore.pyerror anyone ?error anyone ?

TMGB bennettt@am.appstate.edu
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:34:38 -0500

Could it be that there are multiple instances of the ZServer Monitor
Server trying to run on port 9099 causing this problem? I don't know for
sure.  The only other thing I would think of is if you have any other
WEB server running or any other application that might use
administration via a browser on port 8021.  I know my Netscape server
administration runs on another port but its not even in the 8000 range.

Thomas

chas wrote:

> This is an error that has plagued me for weeks/months whenever
> trying to add a second Zope instance to my NT box. The following
> error messages always appear when I try to run start.bat for the
> second instance (even if the first instance is not running) and
> the second Zope instance never starts.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's causing it ?
>
> ------
> 1999-12-20T18:53:54 PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing default hostname
> ------
> 1999-12-20T18:53:55 INFO(0) ZServer Medusa (V1.13) started at Tue Dec 21
> 02:53:5
> 5 1999
>         Hostname: EGG
>         Port:80
>
> ------
> 1999-12-20T18:53:55 INFO(0) ZServer FTP server started at Tue Dec 21
> 02:53:55 19
> 99
>         Authorizer:None
>         Hostname: egg
>         Port: 8021
> ------
> 1999-12-20T18:53:55 INFO(0) ZServer Monitor Server (V1.5) started on port 9099
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "D:\Inetpub\MoreTesting\z2.py", line 596, in ?
>     asyncore.loop()
>   File "D:\Inetpub\MORETE~1\ZServer\medusa\asyncore.py", line 107, in loop
>     poll_fun (timeout)
>   File "D:\Inetpub\MORETE~1\ZServer\medusa\asyncore.py", line 55, in poll
>     (r,w,e) = select.select (r,w,e, timeout)
> select.error: (0, 'Error')
>
> Again, I stress that no other Zope instances were running when the
> above occured.
>
> The steps to repeat this.
> I already have one Zope server installed on my NT workstation box.
> With this Zope instance NOT running, I then do the following :
>
> 1. Install a second Zope instance in its own separate location
> 2. Copy over the Data.fs from the first instance, and the extensions
>    directory and the products from /lib/Python/Products
> 3. Try to start the second instance. No joy :(
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> chas

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt@am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine