[Zope] sqlgroup usage question

Chuck Burdick (TT) chuck.burdick@tradingtechnologies.com
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:29:41 -0600

After reading about the <dtml-sqlgroup> tag and trying several arrangements,
I am confused how it works.

Here's the problem:

Suppose I have a ZSQL method called 'list_employees' as follows:

Arguments: id lastname

select employee_id, firstname, lastname
from employees
<dtml-sqlgroup where>
  <dtml-sqltest employee_id optional type=int>
  <dtml-or>
  <dtml-sqltest lastname optional type=nb>
</dtml-sqlgroup>

Suppose also that I have a dtml method called 'mydtml' as follows:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-in list_employees>
  <dtml-var employee_id> = <dtml-var lastname>, <dtml-var firstname><br>
</dtml-in>

By the ZSQL guide, I would expect that I could call the dtml method in any
of the following ways and get the desired result:
http://myzope/some/folder/mydtml			<<This should list
all employees>>
http://myzope/some/folder/mydtml?employee_id=5	<<This should list employee
number 5>>
http://myzope/some/folder/mydtml?lastname=Smith	<<This should list all
employees w/ lastname Smith>>

However, none of these work.  In each case, I get a 'Bad Request' error for
one or both of the arguments.  If I do not put 'id' and 'lastname' in the
arguments list for the ZSQL method, then for any request, I get the full
list of employees.  According to the ZSQL Guide, that is because optional
sqltest variables that are not listed in the 'Arguments' list are sought
from properties in the current folder.

Any hints on how I can achieve the desired functionality?

Thanks,
Chuck Burdick
Web Administrator / Developer
Trading Technologies, Inc.